Board of Trustees Philosophy of Governance
The congregation of UU Wausau elects a Board of Trustees to function as our governing body and a Minister to serve as our spiritual leader. Our intended style of leadership shall be consultative and inclusive. We expect all leaders to practice open decision making, healthy conflict management, and mutual support in their respective roles. The Board’s focus shall be on the long-term mission and well-being of the congregation, not on administrative detail. As much as possible, the board shall delegate management decision making and devote its attention to:
- Discerning and articulating our congregation’s mission and vision of ministry;
- Setting goals and strategies;
- Creating written policies to guide our congregation’s ministry;
- Monitoring and evaluating our congregation’s leadership including that of the board.
Your Board of Trustees:
- Tim Peterson, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CJ Heiser, Vice President (email@example.com)
- Judy Beier, Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nan Cedar (email@example.com)
- Kevin Briquelet Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Joyce Kurth (email@example.com)
- Jody Maier (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kathi Hupy (email@example.com)
- Josh Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Board of Trustees meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM, at UU Wausau. All interested members and friends are welcome to the Board meetings.
The Board’s agenda is posted 7 days before each meeting.
Meeting agendas and minutes are listed below. Minutes appear after they are approved at the next month’s board meeting.